Incredibly easy solution to archive pages and posts as zip file and unpack them back even on the other website!
Archive posts and pages in one click. Transfer them to the other website or simple use this feature to backup you articles on the local computer.
Please make sure Zip extension is enabled on your web server! Otherwise, the plugin will not work for you.
More info: https://www.php.net/manual/en/book.zip.php
- archive posts as zip-files
- extract archives on any website with the installed plugin
- download and store posts as zip archives
- multiple posts support
- custom post types support
- Unzip the plugin archive on your computer
zippydirectory to yours
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
How to archive the post?
Go to the ‘All Post’ page (wp admin) and move your mouse pointer to a specific post to see the “quick links”.
A. Click on the link “Archive (Zippy)” to archive the post.
B. Use bulk action “Archive (Zippy)” to archive one or multiple posts.
How extract the post from the archive?
On the administration bar (black top bar) you can find the link “Zippy”.
Use it to unzip previously archived post.
I have an error message “Can not open the archive. Error code: [value]”
It occurs when the plugin can’t open the archive for reading, writing or modifying.
For the error code check this page: https://www.php.net/manual/en/ziparchive.open.php
Be sure that your user account has permissions to edit posts (“edit_post” capability).
Contributors & Developers
“Zippy” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Zippy” has been translated into 4 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Zippy” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Changed exported data: author’s data will be exported only if the user has the “edit_users” capability (i.e. administrators).
- Fixed potential vulnerability: Zippy archive contains a post author sensitive data (email, login, password hash).
- Updated options in the Zippy “Unzip” form.
- Improved functionality to transfer attachments/images.
- WordPress 6.0 support added.
- Fixed notices when exporting posts.
- Security improvements.
- WordPress 5.6 support added.
- Fixed blank pop-up window on some pages.
- Fixed translations.
- Added new options to the unzip window.
- Added German translation.
- Changed labels, messages.
- Added access right checks.
- Added separated plugin page (admin navigation menu > Tools).
- Fixed problem with detecting parent posts.
- Design improvements.
- WordPress 5.3 support added.
- Improved errors handling
- Updated FAQs
- Fixed functionality to generate archive filename.
- Export path changed from the WordPress root directory to the wp-content directory.
- Added the possibility to transfer attachments that comes as ID’s inside post custom fields.
- Formatting improvements.
- WordPress 5.2 support added.
Just a minor improvements to keep the plugin alive.
- Name of the generated archive changed from post id to post title.
- Improved attachments transferring (to prevent duplicates).
- Added option to change the post type of the transferred article(s).
- Fixed errors handling.
- Small improvements.
- Improved functionality to handle translations.
- Added private post types support.
- Fixed problem with the archive files.
- Fixed PHP Warning during the import process.
- Fixed an issue when the image that is used in a multiple articles can be duplicated during the import (unzip) process.
- Improved multiple posts export.
- Added bulk action – multiple posts can be archived at once.
- Added custom post types support.
- Different improvements.
- Fixed bug: missed featured image on import when the checkbox ‘Replace this post with the post which have the same name/slug’ is not checked.
- Fixed bug: not possible to import custom post type article
- Initial release.