This Gutenberg block allows you to embed a fully-customizable Google Map into any page.
- Use the Google’s Map Styling Wizard to fully customize the appearance of your maps.
- Use pre-made themes from Snazzy Maps.
- Switch between roadmap, satellite, hybrid, and terrain backgrounds.
- Display navigational directions from one point to another.
- Embed an interactive street view.
- Display multiple Google Maps search results.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Styled Google Maps A highly-customizable Google Maps block. Supports custom themes, navigational directions, and Google Street View.
Do I Need to Generate an API Key to Use This Block?
After installing, you’ll be able to view the block immediately. However, Google requires unique API keys to be created for each site. API keys must also be generated before previewing themed maps.
How Do I Generate an API Key?
Follow these steps to generate an API key:
- Go to the Google Maps Platform > Credentials page. If you haven’t already, you may need to create an account and a Google Cloud project here.
- On the Credentials page, click Create credentials > API key. The API key created dialog displays your newly created API key.
- Copy the new API key and paste it into the API key field in the block settings.
- Go to the Google Maps Embed API page, ensure that the correct project is selected, and click Enable.
- Optionally, you can restrict your API keys to improve security. Google strongly recommends this.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Styled Google Maps Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial release