What does it do?
Post Descriptions lets you add descriptions to posts and pages, which lets you do things like add small to-do’s or don’t-forget’s for your team members or yourself.
How does it work?
Adding post descriptions
Post descriptions can be added from two places:
1. The Edit screen
2. The Quick Edit screen
Checking Post Descriptions
You can check your post descriptions in two places:
1. In the column from your posts or pages admin overview
2. As a post state (the bold text next to your page or post title)
Enabling/disabling Post States
When you add longer descriptions, your admin might get a bit cluttered. In those cases you could disable showing post descriptions in post states with a simple checkbox.
After installing the plugin, you will only see a column added on the posts and pages admin screens. If you go to Settings > Post Descriptions, or click Settings on the Plugins page, you\’ll find a single option to turn on Post States. When you enable them, you\’ll see the description in bold after the page or post title.
Contributors & Developers
“Post Descriptions” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- I’m back! Adding new features soon, let me know if you have any wishes. For now I made the code more solid, and changed it to follow WPCS.
- Added functionality to pick a custom color (as the red could get a bit intimidating)
- Fixed: When Post States were disabled, the Quick Edit screen didn’t update the “Important” checkbox
- Added the possibility to mark states as important, making them red (in a future update you’ll be able to choose a custom color)
- Fixed: Iconsistent indentation
- Refactored code to the WordPress Coding Standards (using Yoda conditionals and such)
- Changed the description input to a textarea
- Made a stupid typo, need some sleep, sorry
- Made the plugin translatable
- Updated some strings to be more descriptive
- Add post descriptions to posts and pages
- Disable or enable Post States
- Adds a column for post descriptions to your admin screens