If you are a programmer who uses GitHub then why not share your coding projects via your WordPress blog by adding a snapshot
of your profile as a widget
Simply add the widget to your preferred location and enter your GitHub username.
- Cached using Transient
- Displays your GitHub profile image
- Shows your GitHub bio, if set
- Shows your Location, email address & blog URL if set
- Provides links to your followers, following and starred repositories
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Add the widget to your desired location in Appearance->Widgets
- Enter your GitHub username in the appropriate field
- If desired, add a GitHub API Token and/or alter the cache timeout.
- Is a GitHub API token required
No… Although it is recommended, especially if you wish to have the cache timeout set to a low value, or if you require regular access to the GitHub API through other areas of your website.
Contributors & Developers
“GitHub Mini Profile Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release
- Correcting URL of public gists