The shortcode can accept three optional parameters:
- format can be used to specify a highlighting format, rather than letting the plugin decide which format to use
- start specifies a line number to output from, so sections of a file/url can be shown
- end specifies the line to stop at
See the installation page for usage examples.
The available formats are:
Following is a list of ideas and features to add:
- BASE_PATH and BASE_URL options that can be used in the shortcode to avoid typing the same long path/url each time
- a list of available formats with the checkboxes to enable/disable each individually, thus avoiding having to load all of them
- an option for changing the theme of the syntax highlighter
- Install the plugin and activate
- In a post or page, type [external]/path/to/your/script.txt[/external]
[external start=10 end=20]/very/long/script.js[/external]
My code isn’t being highlighted
<?php wp_footer(); ?>
My code should be formatted as *x, but is showing up as plain*
If you are specifying a format, are you using one from the available formats list (see the Description page)? If you are not specifying a format, does the file have a correct extension for the file type or is the web page returning with the correct Content-Type header?
I’m still stuck
Get in touch, I’ll see what I can do!
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“External Files” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “External Files” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* First version! Works for me, comments appreciated.